* Empire– Online and physical, major film magazine.
* FilmMaker– The magazine of independent film.
* Independent Film Quarterly– Another independent film magazine.
* Little White Lies– Independent arty film magazine, amazing cover artwork. Great online version as well.
* Total Film– Large online and physical film magazine.
* Vertigo– Interesting, independent film magazine.
* 125 – a unique visual compendium of new ideas in photography, fashion, art and culture. The only magazine in the world to act as a completely unbiased gallery space, showcasing new work and ideas by creatives across the worlds of photography and fashion and open to both emerging and established artists.
* Aperture – A fine art photography magazine.
* British Journal Of Photography – BJP is the world’s longest running photography magazine, established in 1854, and online since 1997. A high-quality monthly printed edition is available.
* Capricious – set up in amsterdamn this bi-annual magazine features fine art photography from all over the world, mostly images with very little text so the images can speak for themselves. submissions accepted.
* Daylight – Daylight Community Arts Foundation (DCAF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to publishing in-depth photographic essays on important issues of the day via Daylight Magazine (print) and Daylight Multimedia (online). By reimagining the documentary mode through collaboration with established and emerging artists, scholars and journalists, Daylight has become one of the premier showcases for contemporary photography.
* Dazed and Confused/ Dazed Digital – major fashion magazine that looks at all aspects of culture and features amazing photography.
* Foam – Foam Magazine is a distinctive and highly appreciated international photography magazine. Foam Magazine serves as exhibition space that embraces every aspect of photography: from documentary to fashion, from contemporary to historical, from world-famous photographers to young talent.
* Foto 8 – Focusing mainly on documentary and issue led photography, great for photojournalism and photo essays. Also runs an annual competition The Summer Show, and runs it’s own gallery, Host.
* Hot Shoe – HotShoe is one of Europe’s leading contemporary photographic magazines showcasing the best of established and up-and-coming photographic talent across a wide range of photographic genres.
* i-D – major fashion magazine that looks at street culture, art, fashion, music, photography, features really interesting photographic shoots.
* Lens Culture -an online magazine celebrating international contemporary photography, art , media and world cultures.
* Photoworks – Photoworks commissions new photography, produces exhibitions, initiates research and education projects, publishes books and a biannual magazine.
* Portfolio – he premier magazine for innovative photographic art created and shown in the UK. Published in May and November, Portfolio combines the contemporary interests of a magazine with the quality reproductions and detailed information of an exhibition catalogue.
* RPS – The Royal Photographic Society was founded in 1853 ‘to promote the Art and Science of Photography’, a mission it continues to this day. Membership includes a monthly magazine which has up to date news, competitions, members portfoilios as well as work and articles from working and well known photographers.
* Silver Shotz – Be informed with regular workshop articles on digital and film, monochrome and colour, alternative printing processes and mixed media, darkroom printing and ink jet printing etc Be inspired with folios from leading fine art photographers around the world.News on gallery openings, photo exhibitions and trade fairs.
Other Photography Magazines
* Amateur Photographer – the world’s oldest consumer weekly photographic magazine, first hitting the newsstands on October 10 1884. Since then, AP has been the bible for both amateur and professional photo-enthusiasts around the world. It has helped generations of photographers to improve their skills.
* Apogee – a free online photography magazine.
* Archive – Bradford’s National Media Museum’s own in-house publication featuring articles, information and images from current and past exhibitions, as well as archive images and essays.
* Camera Obscura – online magazine with news, tutorials etc
* ePhotoZine – online magazine with regular competitions, tutorials, news, forums
* Outdoor Photographer – a magazine which looks at outdoor photography persuits such as landscape, nature, sport and travel.
* PDN (Photo Direct News) – current news, classifieds and competitions.
* Photography Monthly – news, reviews, readers gallery.
* Photo Technique – the photographic medium has never existed on the basis of unrelated techniques or unskilled aesthetics. For that reason, we incorporate the technology and methodology used in creating photographs into two categories. The first is a series of portfolio/article combinations that demonstrate both the means and the end result. The second is expanded technical articles intended to completely follow a process in detail, rather than offer short snip-its or tips.
* Pop Photo – online version of American Photo and Popular Photographing and Imaging magazines.